September 19, 2008

and the family grows....

Because life is definitely not exciting enough, Jared and I decided to invest in something sweet for General. He has been the light of our eyes for almost 4 years now (his bday is Sept. 23!) and it's about time that he deserves something extra special. So we got him.....a kitten!!! If cats show their enthusiasm in hisses and growls, then our new little kitten must have felt so much love....oh General, he is a sweet thing. But, our little girl--Dr. Madeline Jarvik (silly name for silly pets as Jared says)--is what everyone could ever want in a cat. She is super sweet, playful, and loves to cuddle. If you can't tell, I am excited. When Jared and I were looking at whether this was a good idea, we stumbled upon a website that talked about how cats usually bond more with one person and finds the other person in the household to be "tolerable." For about a week I asked General if that's how he felt about me. If he did, I didn't care, I just wanted to know. I give him lots of love but if I'm the tolerable one for General, then Jared WILL be the tolerable one for Miss Maddy. I'm doing my best at making sure she cuddles with me the most and that she sees that I'm the one to always feed her. That'll win her over for sure! Here's a pic of our precious new baby girl:

And here is my most favorite one of both Maddy and General:

General is obvious in that one...Maddy is up poking her little face down. I think I may be the best photographer EVER because that is adorable and it's amazing that I caught it. Good news to report though: after 1 & 1/2 days of being together, our two cats are in love (the kind of love if you get to close you will get bit) and are playing so well. It's exactly what we wanted for General!

News on myself:

  • I "spoke" at a community college about being a recent college graduate. I have a definite problem saying no to people but I am glad I did it. Helps me (slightly) get over my fear of public speaking
  • I rode the bus to school today! Jared and I meticulously planned out my journey and it went without a hitch. Who knew that a Johnson County girl could do so well on the metro bus system! I feel so green!


No comments: