September 11, 2008

Proof we are Loved!

Jared and I are most fortunate in the fact that both sets of my parents have visited. Some may say that seems pretty fast (considering we recently moved) but I say hooray for a family who loves me dearly (and obviously misses me terribly...who could blame them, really). When my dad, step-mom, and two sisters came in July, we had a great time exploring the city together. I really hadn't ventured out too much on my own and so it was nice to get lost with other people. I definitely learned a few things not to do while driving... But, I am learning and with my family things were easier. We visited the University of Washington, which was really great. Again, it was nice to explore a new territory with my family so we could all see it together. The picture is of us all on the campus, which is extremely gorgeous. Such neat buildings. It does really make me miss KU but this is a new chapter in life that I am excited to start.



Then, lucky us (that was not meant to sound sarcastic because it definitely is not), my mom and step-dad came to visit this past week. It was so great! I most definitely needed some "mom" time and I got it. We went shopping together while the boys did adventurous water things (kayaking and sailing...which I am slightly jealous of and would like to do some time myself). I knew I would miss home (see my slightly whiny post below) but having my mom here really helped with missing everyone. If only she could have brought Ava, our little dog! We did a lot of fun things with my mom and step-dad as well. I don't think I have laughed so hard in a long time, so that was really super. We had quite the adventures on Blake Island while visiting Tillicum Village (a Native American village). The boys experienced clam nectar (I had the understanding that it was nectar as in fruit nectar, not the disgusting juice remains from a clam), we dined on fine, dry salmon, bones and all, we heard a man discuss his problems with socks ("You wouldn't even believe how many I wear!--we guessed around 7 pairs a week) and his issues with butter ("I can't even keep the stuff in my house!"), and then finally we had a nice relaxing ride back where we contemplated how we could start an up rise to throw off the captain from the boat (my mom and I wanted to settle with getting away with the frozen treats held near the bar). We had a great day visiting Pike's Market where there was hardly anyone around. Such a fun place with all of it's fresh fruit, veggies, and flowers. We got a gorgeous bouquet for $5! Amazing!

Alright, that is all for now. We got our new kitty tonight (!! more to come on that subject) and she is not enjoying my typing. Sorry for the long post that may not be super interesting to all, but I love my family and had a super time with them!

No comments: