June 21, 2010

feed my soul sol

I don't think it's a coincidence that the word sol (spanish for sun) and the word soul (english for that wondeful something inside us all) are pronounced/sound the same. No. Definitely no coinicidence because this girl's soul, the parts that gets re-engergized from the magic of the sun, are feeling a little empty. I feel like I've been extremely whiney about the weather but really, today is the first official day of summer and I think we've only really had two nice days (i.e., sun ALL day with a sky that is mostly blue) in the past couple months. And I really don't like to complain. Because I am happy. I love this new city we have built our lives in but my soul is definitely yearning for that great big, wondefully warm, golden globe that is so beautiful. I also think I'm feeling sad about no sun because of the thought process that naturally ensues inside me, which is, goes somethings like this:

"Oh how I wish there was sun. A warm, sunny day would be fantastic right now. I could get a little color and it would actually make it feel like mid-June. My mom says it's sunny in Kansas City. Like really sunny. And really nice. Like super nice. She also talked about the humidity but I could totally deal with the humidity right now. I miss Kansas City. I wish I was at the pool with my dad and my sister. If we lived in Kansas city I could be with my family. I miss my family."

And then it just goes downhill from there. That yearning for the sun quickly develops into a yearning for my family, for summer time with them. Which, I know, is totally normal. But I just knew if that lovely sun was here, my sould would be much happier and wouldn't be longing for things as much. But in time this Junuary (seriously, that is what people call June...why am I complaining if this is what is expected?!?) will pass and wondeful summer time for me and my lovely hubby and two cats (General is currently obsessing with being in the yard) to enjoy. So, for today, sun or no sun, I'm celebrating the official kick-off to summer. And as such, doing so with the offical changing of the wreaths (thank you mother for my supply of wonderful wreaths).



Adios fun spring wreath

Hello gorgeous summer wreath

I was totally going to ignore the fact that I haven't posted in six months but alas, I must. I have decided that since school is unofficially over and real life is about to begin, that I will post and will do so more frequently. Also after reading a few blogs I decided a few things for my own: 1) blogs are much more entertaining when there are pictures (new personal goal 1: be better at documenting life); 2) I should use my blog as a way to channel creativity (new personal goal 2: get creative! and use my new found freedom to do so); 3) simple, more frequent blogging is much better for the reader and writer (new personal goal 3: see projects through); and 4) learn how to work this friggin' blog thing to make it more attractive. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

sister,
Your family misses you all of the time. Your right, Summer would be better if you and JP were here sweating it out with us! Just think-in August it will be beautiful and perfect there...and here, it is already blazing hot, so by August we will be cursing the sun!
I think next Junuary we should go on a group vacation somewhere tropical together!
I love the addition of pics to the blog! You already have me yearning to be more like Kelle! :)
love you so very much,
Melinda
P.S. I am loving the summer wreath!