July 13, 2010

say hello to my little friends

This is General Jenkins. Aka as Jinxy, the General, Buddy Bear, Biggins, Sluggie. General is a pretty simple cat. You see his tail a twitchin', steer clear. You see him rubbing on literally ever corner of the house, he's ready for a little love. Currently he has one obsession and one obsession only. Yes, he does love catnip, yes he does still enjoy a good fleece blanket, and yes, he will do a back flip (literally) when you play with him. But, these things aren't what my little kitty love heart desires. Nope. He's only got one thing on that little radar of his and that's the great outdoors. He loves outside. Like love-LOVES outside. Hence the picture of him going to town muching away on the grass. If he could spend all day filling up on the good green stuff, he would. I'm not sure Jared grew a lawn for General to eat up, but our little fat cat wouldn't know otherwise. It used to be you couldn't walk in the kitchen without him running towards his food bowl. Now when you walk that way he is scramming towards the back door and mewing up a storm letting you know just how bad the outdoors are calling his name. I present to the jury, exhibit A of my poor little kitty's cry.






And this is Dr. Madeline Jarvik. Aka Miss Maddy and Moo Moo. Unlike her brother, she is less easy to read. She loves her mama (who couldn't blame the gal) and can be an intense lover and cuddler (only with her mama). She does not particularly enjoy men and their low pitched voices. She does not like loud noises, such as walking too loudly on the floor (i.e., wearing shoes in the house). She does not enjoy when her brother is in her business. She also does not enjoy going outdoors, though she is warming up to the idea of it. Maddy isn't as big of a poo as her dislikes would make her seem to be; the girl just knows what she likes and what she doesn't. I like how the picture looks like its depicting her longiness to be with Jared. Very artsy and well done, if I do say so myself.

It's funny to think about that not too long ago I was petrified of cats. Like they really creeped me out. I also thought they were only really good for making a house smelly and getting hair everywhere. Also not too long ago I was kind of scared of my Jenkins. He was a bit of a grouch that darted back and forth and was not afraid of swiping a claw in your direction. But now, I don't know what I would do without these two. They have kept me company during some boring moments of life (e.g., studying for countless hours) and have provided me with many a laughs (e.g., Maddy swimming across the floor on her back; Maddy with a string hanging out her rear end; Jinxy chasing me around the apartment). Though they will never understand it, I really am thankful for them. Cheers to you my little furry loves. And let us enjoy together what life AC (after college) really brings! :)

No comments: