August 22, 2008

i miss home

So I had a sad moment today. I'm not exactly sure why tv triggers me crying and getting homesick, but it does. I was watching "Tori and Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood" (much better than I had ever imagined) and they were having a rather fancy funeral for their dog that passed away. The tears of people on the show got me feeling emotional and then I started feeling really upset and missing my little dog Ava back at home. I feel bad for all of the negative things I have said about General because today he was a little rock that I could lean on (for only about 10 seconds). He didn't much enjoy my crying and was confused by it, but the fact that he let me pick him up and embrace him was much appreciated on my part.

Being homesick is such a little booger. I really like getting to do new things and love the Seattle area. I think that it's just harder because I have no job and won't start school until mid-September. I do like being lazy but it's kind of getting to the point that I feel slightly useless. Mayhaps I should have gotten a job the moment I got here but I can't complain and whine about choices I didn't make. I'm going to look at craigslist (a new enjoyment to look through in my moments of boredom) and hope I can find some babysitting or something. : / Hmm, at least that would distract me from missing home too much.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I too have surprisingly enjoyed Tori and Dean!! They are way cuter and much sweeter than I thought they would be. And now when I decide to have a kid I want a cute hospital robe, not an ugly blue one :o).

lex said...

Hey, home misses you too. I think you're right - it will probably get easier once life is more structured for you. I guess you'll be starting school pretty soon - good luck!!