I am finally home! After months and months of separation, I am in KC and am absolutely loving it. Well, clarification: I am loving every aspect except the weather. I do enjoy that there is snow on the ground because it really adds to the holiday atmosphere but I did not enjoy that it ruined plans. Mother Nature is a wild one so I will just be content with staying in. I should actually clarify that statement as well because really I am ecstatic to be staying in where I can sleep in, watch endless hours of tv, nap, and be with family. I would say that those things are all very good.
I was thinking that when I came home that I might have a moment of "this feels weird" as I adjusted back into things. But really, that feeling never came. I'm so happy that after being gone for so long that I still feel like this is home to me. I can move far away but little ol' Kansas will always feel just right. (ahhhh)
As happy as I am to be at home, I am most definitely missing my family in WA. Get ready to control your gag refelx, but I am missing my hubs. We haven't been apart from each other for this long since we were wed and it makes me sad to be away from him, especially during this holiday season when family is the most important. Thankfully time doesn't stand still and the day of his arrival is just on the horizon. I'm so excited to have him here! He's going to love the Southard-Pilcher and Edelblute Christmas celebrations! I just know he will! (he better)
1 comment:
First of all-I think I would be more concerned if you weren't missing Jared. He is your family now, so good for you for wishing he were there and #2 I spent many years away from home while I was at school. It's true, something about Kansas is super refreshing and ALWAYS feels right. People who aren't from there don't understand it, but we all get it. (and that's all that really matters)-Lucky us! (I'm coming home too!)
Post a Comment