January 5, 2009

excuse me, I do believe it is only 2008

I hate to sound like an old fart here, but oh my gosh! This year has flown! I'm going to chalk it up to all of the amazing, life-changing things that have happened in my life and not to the fact that I'm getting old and days just fly by when you're an oldie. To celebrate the new year, I thought I would look back on the grand 2008 and the great things that came with it!.....
  • I got engaged! Well, technically I got engaged in September of 2007 BUT the event itself was most definitely the kick-starter to my great 2008, so I do believe it deserves a mention. This is quite a small picture but if you can't tell, this depicts me basically freaking out. Remind me to not think that things aren't going to happen for "a long time" because that's what I thought about this situation and look where it got me.
  • I don't have pictures of the many months of planning, calling people, and having endless convos about wedding details, but these things happened.
  • I was s-p-o-i-l-e-d! There is nothing like a wedding shower to make you feel so incredibly ungracious. I have such a loving family and bunch of friends.

  • KU won the National Championship and the Orange Bowl! Best SENIOR Year EVER! (we are ignoring the fact that this was my second go around at my senior year. Yah to victory laps)
  • I got married! May 3rd is making its way around the corner already and I can't even believe it (another moment illustrating time flying by). This was my best day thus far and will most definitely be tough to beat.
  • I had an amazing wedding ceremony and reception! Wooh, all of the time spent planning and wonderful help from many (especially my mother dearest) pulled off a lovely time. I was so happy to have so many people help celebrate the start of something special.
  • I went on the most awesome vay-cay ever. I would have never imagined myself being so fortunate to go to such a cool place like Maui. Again, I am spoiled.
  • Jared and I lived at my mom's house and then made it to Wyoming to live at his mom's house. Quite the adventure for just starting out being married. I won't say I didn't enjoy all of my time with the fam, because I really did, but it definitely wasn't my ideal start to our new life together.
  • We moved! It was my first time out of the state of Kansas...well technically I did live in Missouri but I made a small jump across the state line into Kansas, so really that was not a big move. The Seattle area has been really fun.
  • I got into Grad school! And now we are up to date!
It's crazy to think back at myself only two years before now. I don't think I would have ever guessed I would be here. I probably would have thought that my life was in for some change, but I don't think I would have imagined so many things would have transpired. Although I'm still questioning if the year 2008 really has passed, I am so happy with everything that I did manage to squeeze in before the year flew by. Now I get to look forward to a new year to come. Hopefully this one will pass by a little more slowly. : )
editor's note: apologies for the BIGGEST space ever that has now been deleted. I was having a terrible time with this post and that huge empty area was embarrassing but now it is gone, thank goodness.

1 comment:

lex said...

What a year! I'm glad you've had a good one. How is school going so far?