First off, the bugs are gone! For the time being I do not see any disgusting termites and have not for a few days. I do really appreciate my apartment complex and their quickness with responding to my (many) requests.
Second, we went to "Emerald Downs" on Friday to watch some horses run very fast. I must admit that I lost $.25 on betting on the wrong guy. Advice given to me to choose the horse with the most clever name did not turn out as well as I had hoped. But, Jared's co-worker, who kindly tagged along with us, did appreciate the $1.25 pool that he collected. Even with that high bidding, I can't quite say that I'm going to be much into horse races ever again. The races were fun to watch but the long delay between races was not so great. The extra time did allow me to enjoy two of my favorite treats: corn dogs and ice cream! There was a wiener dog race between horse races and that was the real highlight of the evening. The little guys ran as fast as they could, most in the wrong direction, and it was quite adorable. The last one off the track got caught up eating horse poo (I'm sure the owner was very proud).
We also went to "Wild Waves" this weekend, which is a theme park with roller coasters and water slides. Jared's uncle participates in Big Brothers, Big Sisters and we went along with him and his little. His little's real sister came along as well and I spent most of the day with her. 7 year-olds are funny. She was having a good time saying that she hated everything but once we hit the water, she really liked it. Jared and I came to the conclusion that although Wild Waves was fun in theory, there were far too many people and way too many unidentifiable floaties in the water. Blah. Plus, almost all roller coasters make me feel ill. How depressing. Even though it wasn't my perfect dream day, I would have to say I did enjoy myself. Jared's uncle always makes me laugh and spending the day with two kids was nice as well. It (kind of) made me miss my days of babysitting and got me excited to start school up again so I can get working with little munchkins. I'm sure I won't be singing that same tune once I'm wrapped up in school and have a job working with kids all of the time, but for now, I'll be idealistic and say I think it'll be great.
No comments:
Post a Comment