August 12, 2008

we'll see how long this lasts...

Because optimism is key, I'm not going to put 100% faith in myself that I'll keep this that up to date. But, I have quite the time to spare as I wait for school to start and I thought I would give blogging a chance. I have tried, approximately a million times, to keep a journal but I am so horrible with remembering to use it, so as I said, we'll see how long this lasts.

Although life has been pretty hectic leading up to this point, I'm sad to say that not a lot is going on now. Jared is working hard each day while I spend most of my days at home with the General. He is quite a good companion and does his best to show his affection (best illustrated in his attempts at biting me). I have done my best at keeping myself busy with such things as:
1. laundry
2. "cleaning"
3. gilmore girls (it is my soap opera of choice)
4. driving around to key locations around town (grocery store, oustide shopping areas)
5. sleeping
6. making maintenance requests
7. checking email (obsessively)
8. reading
9. "working out"

Hmm, really that is all I have. It is quite the sad list but that is my life. I would love to take walks to Juanta Beach, a local park off of Lake Washington, but I must admit that I am a little skittish of walking too far on my own. I feel/know that I am being paranoid, but after getting a few too many whistles for my comfort, I decided to keep my traveling limited to the car. Perhaps I should instead be flattered...I'll try to work on that mentality.

1 comment:

Kate said...

let me be the first to say welcome!

glad to hear washington seems to be treating you two well!!!